1. Decreases your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
2. Decreases your risk of stroke and strengthens your heart.
3. Decreases your risk of developing dementia by increasing blood flow to the brain.
4. Lowers your LDL (bad cholesterol) and increases your HDL (good cholesterol).
5. Decreases blood pressure.
6. Manages your weight by decreasing body fat.
7. Strengthens bone and decreases risk of developing osteoporosis
8. Helps you sleep at night.
9. Improves your mood.
10. Improves flexibility of joints, balance and co-ordination.
If you need help starting a walking program, contact Harbor Physical Therapy at 443-524-0442.