How long are treatment sessions?
- Treatment sessions will range from 45-75 minutes, depending on the patient’s condition.
What type of treatment options will be performed?
- Harbor Physical Therapy offers a variety of treatment options including: manual techniques, soft tissue massage, therapeutic exercise, neurological re-education, postural re-education, muscle energy techniques, dry needling, vestibular rehabilitation, cardiovascular training, lumbar stabilization training, gait training, body mechanics and modalities.
How frequently should I attend physical therapy?
- Typically patients are seen 2 to 3 times a week at Harbor Physical Therapy; however, it depends on your diagnosis. For most optimal results, it is best to attend treatment consistently.
What should I wear to therapy?
- You want to wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. Depending on the injured area, it should be accessible to the physical therapist. Gowns are provided if needed.
When I feel better, what should I do?
- You should notify the physical therapist; therefore, the therapist will determine an appropriate discharge time and a further plan of care outside of treatment to maintain the results that you have accomplished.
Do I need a referral for physical therapy?
- Whether or not you need a referral will depend on your insurance. Call Harbor Physical Therapy and provide your insurance information so we can determine whether you need a referral. Macht Medical Group has a doctor on site, if referral is needed.
After I have started physical therapy, when do I contact my referring physician?
- Sometimes when you receive a prescription for physical therapy, the physician will set up a follow-up visit several weeks into treatment. If not, our facility will let you know if you need to contact your referring physician for an updated prescription.
What happens if I do not have health insurance?
- If you do not have health insurance, our facility will discuss paying out-of-pocket options based on your treatment plan. If you are under legal representation for a personal injury case, medical bills will be handled through your attorney. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding payment.